Ondo Guber: Mimiko Plotting To Stop Oke, AD Group Alleges - BeVibez Media

Breaking News

Ondo Guber: Mimiko Plotting To Stop Oke, AD Group Alleges

The Ondo Third Force Forum, a pseudo campaign body for Olusola Oke, the governorship candidate of the Alliance For Democracy (AD) in November 26 election in Ondo state has raised the alarm that Governor Olusegun Mimiko was working to stop its principal. The allegation, coming on the heels of a fresh plot by AD’s national legal adviser, Kehinde Aworele to challenge Oke’s ‎candidature, was contained in a statement issued by its coordinator, Engineer Foluso Olugbemi.

‎According to him, a faction of the AD was being propped by the governor to force Oke out of the race, using gullible judges. ” We are aware of the clandestine moves being orchestrated by Governor Ousegun Mimiko to stop our candidate, Chief Olusola Oke whose popularity is soaring by the day.



Precisely on October 14, a faction of the national leadership of our party was bankrolled to Akure by Governor Mimiko for purposes of creating artificial disaffection among the leadership of the party. There and then, these paid agents of the governor issued a so called communique wherein they disowned our candidate, Olusola Oke.

We wish to place it on record that Mimiko’s motive was to discredit Oke ahead of the election because he was afraid that Oke was the candidate to beat at the polls, even his preferred choice, Eyitayo Jegede was trailing behind our candidate prior to rejection by INEC.

This move is condemnable and call on security agencies to prevail on the so called national officers who have offered themselves for sale to stop this act that is capable of igniting crisis in the riverine areas of Ondo state. It should be noted that if Mimiko can instigate and incite protests in Akure, we have capacity to do same if he succeeds in his move to remove Oke from the race.,

It will be recalled that AD’s national legal adviser,Aworele, had disclosed that he will go to court to challenge the eligibility of Chief Olusola Oke as the party candidate in the forthcoming governorship election in Ondo . Aworele said on Tuesday that Oke did not meet the party’s requirements to contest on its platform.

He said, “Although, there is a pending suit before a Federal High Court in Akure which I do not want to preempt, but as the national legal adviser of AD, I will challenge Oke’s eligibility to contest on the platform of our party in court anytime from now.

Obviously, for anybody to contest on the platform of AD, the person must have spent a minimum of 10 weeks as financial member, the requirement Oke did not meet.

Besides, the process of presenting such candidate must be tabled at the quorum of the National Executive Council of the party and not just by three leaders as they did in his case.

Chief Olusola Oke is a senior lawyer; he should go and read the party’s constitution and should not be deceived by few leaders. Personally, I have nothing against him, but he cannot not join the party through the back door.

Aworele alleged that the party had been factionalised since Oke joined it on October 3. Oke had in 2012 contested the governorship election in the state on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, but lost. He defected to All Progressives Congress where he vied for governorship ticket on September 3, but was unsuccessful and defected to AD on October 1, claiming to have picked its gubernatorial mandate for the election.

The AD National Organising Secretary, Mr. Ibrahim Abdollah, had in a communique after the party’s NEC meeting on October 14 in Akure, said the party was unaware of Oke’s candidature.


No comments

Your comment is highly welcome

Now it's easier to drop your comments

Just write your name and write your comment then Publish...!!!