An Electrical Engineer Electrocuted to Death
He said, It was gathered that the deceased, a retired electricity officer, was said to be clearing fault from a public power supply line.
In the course of the clearing of the fault, there was a sudden trip-off on the line, leading to his electrocution.
He was promptly rushed by sympathisers to a private hospital, where he was later confirmed dead.
He stated that the body of the deceased had been deposited at the hospital mortuary and that the police had begun an investigation into the matter. A similar incident occurred on October 20, 2016, when a staff of Enugu Electricity Distribution Compan, attached to the university town, was electrocuted.
The incidence happened when the staff was trying to relocate a high bytension live wire to pave way for an on-going road construction in the area.